Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Science of the Chocolate Chip Cookie from NPR's The Salt

One of the commitments that I've made on this blog is to provide recipes that are easily adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. I do this because when you're living on a boat sometimes you just don't have the exact ingredients stated in a recipe and you need to substitute. Cookies are a great way to experiment with this idea while you learn what works and what doesn't because they're pretty forgiving. I ran across an article today on The Salt blog that explained exactly what happens when you substitute ingredients. I found it incredibly helpful since I'm a visual person so go on over to the page The Science Behind Baking Your Ideal Chocolate Chip Cookie and then go ahead and make some perfect deliciousness!

The Science Behind Baking Your Ideal Chocolate Chip Cookie
See the full instructions on The Salt Blog, www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt

1 comment:

  1. There is just something about cookies on a boat. My wife seems to whip them up in minutes and they never get the chance to cool before they are gone. Just love them and I will pass this site onto her as she loves cooking aboard. What's more I love her cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.