Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Emergency Box

One of the reasons that I've succeeded at the Noom weight-loss program is that I've had time to plan and prepare. I'm not working outside the home currently so I have an abundance of time to plan out my meals for the day first thing in the morning. But, occasionally, plans change and daughters need help with granddaughters, and a soccer game goes longer than expected...well you get the picture. So this leaves me hungry, and hungry without planning can lead to disaster when trying to lose weight. Enter stage left: The Emergency Box.

I found one of the many plastic leftover boxes that seem to leap out of my cupboard any time it's opened, and began to measure out chopped vegetables to a total of 50 calories. I keep this box filled at all times, front and center in the fridge, ready to grab. If I'm going out somewhere that there's even the remotest chance we'll be late for a meal, I tuck it into my bag. If I'm home, and I just get really hungry right before dinner, I grab it so I can happily crunch on veggie sticks instead of licking the spoon a hundred times while cooking. I know that I can eat the whole box, and the worst damage I'm going to do is 50 calories. Score!

Emergency Box: 50 calories

The photo above is today's Emergency Box. I put a fork next to it so you can guage the size of the box. It's a 2 cup box. I vary the veggies each day to include some of the following:

Carrot sticks
Celery sticks
Radishes
Cucumber slices
Red, yellow, or orange pepper slices
Green pepper slices
Cauliflower
Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.