Sunday, March 3, 2019

Shrimp Fried Rice

I love shrimp, but my husband is allergic to all types of shellfish so it limits how often I can have it and when. Since starting Noom, I've taken to fixing it for lunch frequently so I can watch the cleanup. Shrimp is a delightfully low calorie food so it's finding its way into more of my meals.  This one I made for lunch with a lower calorie count, only using a 1/2 cup of brown rice, but it really wasn't enough rice. I'll make it as a dinner meal next time and use a whole cup of brown rice. I also realized long after I'd eaten the dish that I had forgotten to add the egg in at the end, so it's missing from the photo. It was a pleasant realization, because it left me 70 calories to use on a piece of chocolate that evening...

Shrimp Fried Rice: 361 calories

1 tsp olive oil, 40 calories
1 stalk of celery chopped, 6 calories
1/2 medium carrot, chopped, 13 calories
1/2 cup chopped onion, 32 calories
1/4 cup frozen peas, 31 calories

Stir fry till almost tender then add:

1/2 cup brown rice, cooked and refrigerated, 108 calories
10 medium shrimp diced or small shrimp to equal 50 calories
1 Tbl low sodium soy sauce, 11 calories

Stir fry till heated through then push to the side and add one beaten egg, 70 calories. Scramble egg till cooked and blend into rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.