Monday, March 4, 2019

Deviled Eggs

When we're on the boat, we spend a lot of time socializing in the cockpit with other cruisers. It almost always involves drinks and snacks, which is part of the reason I gained so much weight over the five years we were out there. Since one of my main goals in joining Noom was to figure out how to live on the boat without gaining weight, one of the things I have to work on is finding suitable snacks that I can offer and that I can take to potluck dinners on the beach. I've frequently taken deviled eggs and everyone seems to love them; it's one of those dishes everyone loves to eat but no one wants to take the time to prepare. So I thought I'd find a way to lighten them up some. They were delicious!

Deviled Eggs: 171 Calories


2 eggs, 140 calories
1 Tbl Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, 8 calories
1 Tbl relish, 20 calories
1/4 tsp yellow mustard, 4 calories
Salt, pepper, smoked paprika

Peel cold, hard-boiled eggs and slice in half. Remove the yolk to a small bowl. Add the yogurt, relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Fill the eggs with the yolk mixture, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.