Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Stir-fried Brussels Sprouts and Bacon

I love Brussels sprouts but my husband does not. So when I found a very quick and easy way to prepare them just for me, I jumped on it. This recipe is a conglomeration of a whole lot of recipes I found online, taylored for my taste and the Noom program.

Stir-fried Brussels Sprouts and Bacon: 342 Calories

134 g of shredded Brussels sprouts, 58 calories
1 tsp olive oil
1/3 c of sliced or chopped onion, 24 calories
1 clove garlic, minced, 4 calories
2 slices of bacon, cooked till crisp and crumbled,
108 calories
1/2 c cooked brown rice, 108 calories
Salt, pepper
Smoked paprika

Shred the Brussels sprouts with a mandolin or slice very thinly with a sharp knife. Set aside.  Put olive oil into medium-hot skillet and add onion. Stir till crisp-tender, just a few minutes. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds till fragrant. Add Brussels sprouts and stir just till crisp-tender, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Season with smoked paprika. The smoked paprika is essential to the taste of this dish. Regular paprika will not do it. Add crumbled bacon and serve with brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.