Monday, April 22, 2019

Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad

I've been experimenting with different salads now that the weather is finally getting warm in St. Louis. We're famous for having about three days of Spring before the summer hits here, and summer is brutal. So it's imperative to have a collection of go-to salads that I can make.

Fortunately, the warmth timed itself exactly with the organic strawberry sale at Whole Foods and I had these delicious  strawberries sitting in my fridge. I started out with about 3 cups of baby spinach. Then I layered 1/4 cup of thinly sliced cold chicken breast, 128 g of fresh strawberries, sliced, a 1/4 cup serving of goat cheese crumbles (Feta would work well too,) and a 1/4 cup serving of Great Value Omege 3 trail mix. It was quite possibly the most delicious salad I've ever eaten, and all of this for 358 calories. Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.