Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sweet and Smokey Spice Mix

I've been playing around with spice mixes lately. There's a group of McCormick spice blends that I really like, but I can only seem to find them at Walmart and I can't get there very often so while we were in the Bahamas I decided to try my hand at mixing something close and was pretty happy with the result. So enjoy, and please if you have some additions or suggestions feel free to comment.

Sweet and Smokey Barbecue Spice Mix

1Tbl Garlic Powder
2 Tbl Chili Power
1 Tbl Onion Powder
1 Tbl Salt
1 Tbl Smoked Paprika
1 Tbl Cracked Pepper
3-4 Tbl packed brown sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon

Mix the spices well in a bowl and sprinkle heavily on pork chops  before pan frying.  I really intended to have a picture of the finished product, but I had some very hungry toddlers underfoot and somehow it completely escaped my attention. This picture of the chops in progress will have to do. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.