Saturday, March 2, 2019

A noom Adventure

Cruising Comforts is going to take a short detour. A need to replenish the cruising funds had led us to accept a job opportunity on land for a couple years.

It's been incredibly good timing because over the five years that we cruised, my health and fitness had steadily declined. I wasn't exercising enough, and I was eating way too much. Cruising enabled me to spend a lot of time cooking all the wonderful comfort food recipes listed on the right in the Comfort Food list. Great treats for occasional consumption, but not so great for continued health. The blogger at Cruising Comforts was becoming decidedly uncomfortable.







Soon after we settled into our land life, I signed up for the noom nutrition and weight loss program for no other reason than that nothing else worked for me in the long term and they promised it would be the last program I'd ever need. Eight weeks in and eighteen pounds lighter, things are turning around. So, for the time being while we're landbound, Cruising Comforts will be about a way to find healthy food that can be prepared and consumed in the confines of a small boat galley. No easy feat. If you're cruising and having the same problem of weight gain and declining fitness, I hope you enjoy the recipes, meal ideas, and fitness ideas. And never fear, one of the reasons that noom is successful is that no food is off limit in reasonable quantities. So after my initial weight loss back to my goal weight I will have a new comfort food treat to post once in awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.