Monday, June 11, 2012

Perfect Iced Coffee

I'm an avid coffee drinker, but because I like my coffee piping hot, in the summer my coffee consumption drops dramatically just because of the heat. A while back my son-in-law got me hooked on iced coffee, a perfect compromise for summers in St. Louis. I'm also including a link to my reviews blog so you can read about the Thermos mug in the picture.  Enjoy!

Iced Coffee

3/4 Cup of coffee grounds, flavor of your choice.
10 Cups of filtered water
16 drops of Stevia extract or sugar or honey of your choice
1 Tbl vanilla extract
Full fat milk or some cream and some milk.
Ice

Brew the coffee and let cool completely. If you like really strong coffee, just put the grounds in the water and bring to boiling on the stove, turn off the heat, and let it steep for a while then just run it through a coffee filter or fine wire mesh basket to remove the grounds. Add the vanilla and Stevia. You can use sugar, but I try to stay away from sugar as much as possible so I use Stevia a lot. 

Pour coffee to about 1/2 or 2/3 of a glass / cup / mug. Add your milk or cream to your liking. Sorry no amounts here because this is totally personal preference. Some like it more creamy, some more coffee. Add ice. Enjoy. I keep the coffee / vanilla / Stevia  mixture in a quart jar in the fridge and add the cream or milk right before drinking. You'll see organic milk in my picture. If you've never had it, I can't stress the difference it makes in this recipe.  Pure delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.