Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's all about the small things

It's amazing how much little things can make the difference between a boat that feels like your home and one that feels like just a boat. In an effort to heat my coffee water more efficiently and therefore save some propane, I bought a small teakettle yesterday. It's a cute little 1-1/2 quart stainless steel one with a whistle, something that is also an important safety factor as it's very easy to let a coffee pot boil over and put out the flame on a propane stove which ends up pouring gas into the boat and, you guessed it,
k-a-b-o-o-m. I used it today for the first time, a cold morning, and the Little Kettle That Could heated my water post haste and then blew its little whistle. There was an unexpected side bonus, something so incredibly wonderful and comforting about that whistle that I found myself grinning from ear to ear. I know it's silly, but it works for me.  What is it for you on your boat that makes it feel like home? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.