Thursday, September 5, 2019

Mocha Frappe - The Lighter Version

Ever since we left to live full time on the boat, mocha frappes were a routine version of coffee for us. It was just too hot to drink hot coffee most of the time that close to the equator. My old version included 1/2 & 1/2 or cream and was decidedly un-Noom-ly. I've since developed a much lower calorie version of it and in the summer heat here in St. Louis I have it at least several times a week. I've experimented with cashew milk and hemp milk but the almond gives it the best flavor. I have also used regular skim milk but it doubles the calories since almond milk is only 40 calories per cup. If you have more calories to spare, then you can use other milks. This makes a tall milkshake-sized glass.

Ingredients:

1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup of cacao powder
Sweetener of choice to taste (I use Swerve but Stevia or Monk fruit or a blend of the two would work)
9-10 frozen coffee cubes (I freeze strong coffee in ice cube trays then pop them out and store them in a gallon ziploc in the freezer)

Directions:

Put all the ingredients in a Magic Bullet or blender and pulse until the ice is broken up then run full speed till slushy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after moderator approval.